This episode is a recording of the Facebook Live event, "Ask Chris Masterjohn, PhD, Anything About Health, Fitness, and Nutrition" that originally aired on Tuesday, July 12, at 5:00 PM eastern time.
In this episode you will find all of the following and more:
- For a woman with bruising, spider veins, and cellulite, should we be thinking of collagen, clotting, or calcification? Should we be thinking of vitamin C, copper, glycine, and vitamin K2?
- Are there nutritional cures for autoimmune diseases?
- Does eating fruit with protein hurt the digestion and absorption of the protein?
- Is the Randle cycle a reason to eat a low-fat, high-carbohydrate diet, especially during a caloric deficit?
- What should we do about elevated Lp(a), and does it make a difference if it's caused by diet, genes, or health status (for example, LDL oxidation)?
- Why vitamin A and organ meats may be the underappreciated fix for oral allergy syndrome.
- What do we do for wound healing after surgery?
- Do we nourish the microbiome by nourishing yeast, bacteria, or both?
- Why we should be conservative but not paranoid about antibiotics, and why we should be even more conservative about antifungals, even when they're natural.
- Should we deep fry foods in coconut oil?
- Is vitamin C an antioxidant or a pro-oxidant? Should this keep us awake at night?
- Ideas for healthy (and low-PUFA, low-phytate) snack foods to replace granola.
- General lab tests for vitamin and mineral status without any leads on specific nutrients to investigate.
- How do we determine the right amount of high-intensity exercise during pregnancy? How do we determine if the "stress bucket" is too full?